Skip to main content

Fire Country (The Country Saga #1) by David Estes - Review

Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1)


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

After reading The Moon Dwellers, I knew I had to begin The Dwellers sister saga, Country Saga, with Fire Country. Just like The Moon Dwellers before it Fire Country did not disappoint! I really like Siena; she's well-written, well-developed, and is relatable. I liked that she's not a superhero, or anything, just a normal girl wanting to change the status quo in a burnin' world. I want to find out what happens to her! As with The Moon Dwellers, the world-building for Sie's small, close-knit community is excellent. I was able to get a great sense of the Law and community through Sie's perspective on her abilities and world itself. The wooloo slang used in the novel also helped me get a handle on the circumstances and lifestyle in fire country; it was a little hard to follow at first but there was a handy guide to figuring it out. I was thrilled when I got to see more of the country and tribes of her scorched land, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the tribes move forward as the saga progresses.

Fire Country is a very powerful post-apocalyptic dystopia and I highly recommend it! If you liked The Moon Dwellers, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Legend, The Maze Runner, or even The Handmaid's Tale, you should definitely give Fire Country a shot!


I read this from December 18 - 28, 2013 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you loved Fire Country Lauren, David Estes is an amazing author and this book was done so well and creatively! The world building was amazing and I loved this book :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get