Skip to main content

These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - Review

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

I can say I enjoyed These Broken Stars quite a bit more than I originally expected to like it and I can't wait to read the next installment! 

There may be a good chance you might also like it if also enjoy Titanic (the scenes where the ship sinks - not all that boring stuff before that), the tv show Lost, the Across the Universe series by Beth Revis, and the third episode of the first series of Doctor Who entitled "The Unquiet Dead."

The authors took the characters places I didn't expect them to go (read: Lilac).  I'm glad the reader gets to go on this journey from the perspectives of both Tarver and Lilac, which really helps us get into both of their heads.  If not, both characters would have felt flat, especially Lilac.  From the start, I didn't really care for her character all that much, when reading from Tarver's perspective, but as a result of the dual chapters I was able to gain insight about both and grow with them as they learn about each other and themselves.  

I also really enjoyed the "interrogation" between each regular chapter - that was a great touch!

And talk about irony in the name of that starliner.

Excellent beginning to what could be a brilliant series!   


This book was read from April 8 - 11, 2014 and the review can also be found on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review