Skip to main content

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

After the moon blows up all life on Earth is doomed. In order to save themselves from extinction humanity decides to build an ark that will sustain them in space until Earth is safe again. Which should be in approximately 5,000 years. The unpredictability of human nature and the threat of destruction from outside of their control whittle down the pioneers to just a few survivors who are tasked with making sure the human race will live to see Earth once more.

Stephenson is one of my favorite sci-fi writers and I especially enjoy listening to the audiobook productions of his work. This novel is epic and quite long at 25 discs and I couldn't stop listening. The story is tightly plotted and paced well with a fantastic cast of characters and marvelous world-building. I even enjoyed all the science talk. Stephenson's storytelling is simply phenomenal.


I listened to this audiobook from June 23 - July 13, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. This book looks great and I am gonna add it to my to-read list I have tagged you in Your Bookish Identity Tag: http://mooneyesrandomsmile.blogspot.ca/2015/07/your-bookish-identity-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows