Skip to main content

The Albino's Treasure (The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes) by Stuart Douglas - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Scotland Yard has no choice but to call in Sherlock Holmes when a painting of the Prime Minister is slashed at the recently opened National Portrait Gallery, especially when the anarchists behind it suggest that the real Prime Minister will be next. This is just the beginning of a centuries old puzzle that Holmes and Watson find themselves racing to solve, but criminals - The Albino and The Lord of Strange Deaths - are also on the trail of the lost treasure that it promises.

I didn't plan to pick up any books at the library when I was returning some items, but when I saw this sitting on the new shelf I couldn't resist - Sherlock called my name!


The Albino's Treasure is a great Sherlock Holmes story and I'm glad I picked this up. Stuart Douglas really has Conan Doyle's style and tone down. Holmes and Watson are spot-on and the mystery is fast-paced and engaging. This is a must-read for fans of these classic characters! I'm looking forward to checking out other installments of The Future Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Final verdict:




I read this novel from July 2 - 7, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card