Skip to main content

Wishing Well (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #9) by Trevor Baxendale - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

The old seemingly empty well is a bit of tourist attraction in the village partly due to the legend of lost treasure surrounding it. Turns out that what's actually going on with the well is much more sinister and dangerous. No one wants to listen to the Doctor's and Martha's warnings, but soon they'll wish they had.

I love watching Doctor Who and I've enjoyed the few tie-in books that I've read as well. In this case, Baxendale gets the tone and feel of the series and characters, especially for the Doctor and Martha. I listened to the abridged audiobook production, which did make me wonder what was edited out. The narrator for Wishing Well is Debbie Chazen and she does a great interpretation of Martha. At points, I forgot I wasn't listening to Freema Agyeman, but the actress who played Foon Van Hoff in Voyage of the Damned.



I listened to this audiobook from July 13 - 14, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get