Skip to main content

Music Monday: Merle Haggard


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

 Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up at the bottom of this post by sharing your post's url.

I don't know if you heard the news, but Merle Haggard passed away on his 79th birthday, Wednesday, April 6th.  In honor of his memory, I thought I'd share two of my favorites from his album, Okie from Muskogee, which was released in 1969 - "Mama Tried" and the titular track "Okie from Muskogee".





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't