Skip to main content

Music Monday: Gene Autry


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm sharing a couple of classic Christmas songs performed by Gene Autry - these two are my favorite covers of each respective tune.  Both of these were staples during my elementary school's yearly Christmas program!

"Up On A House Top" (1953) - This song was originally written in 1864 by Benjamin Hanby, a fellow Ohioan.  My favorite part is the jazzy instrumental section in the middle of the song.


"Here Comes Santa Claus" (1947) - This song was originally written and performed by Autry in 1947, and he also rerecorded it in 1949, 1953, and 1957.  I particularly love the use of brass in this.  Weirdest part of video below begins at 1:05 - very much the hillbilly Santa and his sleigh!




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these songs. I remember listening to them a long time ago. They're still just as great! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early